1. The Seller delivers the goods throughout Europe.
2. The buyer, chosing the delivery service during the order, undertakes to indicate the exact delivery address, postal code, exact contact telephone number and other additional information (staircase code, etc.).
3. The buyer undertakes to accept the goods himself. In the event that the Buyer is unable to accept the goods himself and the goods are delivered to the specified address, the Buyer shall not have the right to make claims to the Seller regarding the delivery of the goods to the wrong entity.
4. The buyer undertakes to accept the goods on the day following receipt of the notice that the consignment will be delivered to him. If the buyer does not accept and / or collect the shipment, it is transported repeatedly. For repeated deliveries, the Seller has the right to charge the Buyer if these deliveries will incur additional costs.
5. The Goods are delivered by the Seller, the Seller’s authorized representative (courier).
6. The Seller delivers the goods to the Buyer in accordance with the terms specified in the Goods descriptions. In exceptional cases, the delivery of goods may be delayed due to unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of the Seller. In this case, the Seller undertakes to contact the Buyer immediately and agree on the terms of delivery.
In all cases, the Seller is released from liability for violation of the terms of delivery of goods, if the goods are not delivered to the Buyer or are not delivered on time due to the fault of the Buyer or due to circumstances beyond the control of the Seller.
7. The delivery price is fixed and does not change when purchasing more than one item. When buying more than 10 pcs. The delivery price must be agreed with beehive.lt in advance.
8. If the Buyer notices any violations of the packaging during delivery, he must indicate remarks in the delivery document submitted by the courier or draw up a separate report regarding these violations. The Buyer must do this in the presence of a courier. Failure to do so shall release the Seller from liability to the Buyer for damage to the goods related to packaging damage, which the Buyer did not indicate in the courier delivery document.
9. The buyer may not, at his own discretion, change the delivery address of the goods once the consignment has left. If the place of delivery is changed in person with a courier or other delivery service, the Seller is not responsible for meeting the delivery deadline and has the right to charge the Buyer for additional costs incurred due to arbitrary change of the customer’s delivery address when the shipment is sent. The incurred costs can be covered by issuing an additional invoice to the Buyer, or deducted from the amount of returned goods.